Where to get an assessment:
DITTAS (Dyslexia Information, Training, Teaching, Assessment Service)
- Website: dyslexiaassessmentcentre.com
- Telephone: 01689 862 610
- Website: dyslexiaaction.org.uk
- Telephone for cost of an assessment 01784 222300 or 222337 (Egham).
Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre
- Website: arkellcentre.org.uk
- Telephone for cost of assessment 01252 792400 (Farnham).
Independent Dyslexia Consultants (was Adult Dyslexia & Skill Development Centre)
- Website: dyslexia-idc.org
- Telephone: 020 7388 8744 Helpline: 0845 450 3180
Dyslexia Assessment and Consultancy Specialise in assessment, training, employment consultancy and legal work
- Information sheets on website: workingwithdyslexia.com
- Telephone: 020 7582 6117
- Website: sarahmccahondyslexiaservices.co.uk
- Telephone: 01342 714 065
- Telephone: 020 8239 8136
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 01883 626 203
Other helpful sites and contacts:
- British Dyslexia Association – www.bdadyslexia.org.uk
- BDA NTC (New Technologies Committee) – www.bdatech.org – for information on dyslexia and ICT
- Dyslexia Action – www.dyslexiaaction.org.uk
- Independent Dyslexia Consultants – www.dyslexia-idc.org
Tel: 020 7388 8744
- Adult Dyslexia Organisation – www.adult-dyslexia.org
- Skill (National Bureau for Students with Disabilities) – www.skill.org.uk
- Network 81 – www.network81.org
Tel: 0845 077 4055
- Patoss (Professional association of teachers of students with specific learning difficulties) – www.patoss-dyslexia.org. Resources provide information for parents and teachers of children with specific learning difficulties. There are also sections for adults with similar difficulties.
- Croydon Literacy Centre – www.croydonlitcentre.org.uk
Since April 2016, the Centre has been relocated to Howard Primary School, Dering Road, South Croydon, CR0 1DT. Tel: 07920 657 752
The Centre supports Key Stage 2 students with literacy difficulties who are not making progress in school.
Students have to be referred to the Centre by their school and they normally attend twice a week for three terms.
- KIDS’ Croydon SEND Information, Advice, Support (SENDIAS) and Mediation service – www.kids.org.uk
An independent, impartial and confidential service which offers information and support for parents of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) as well as SEND mediation services. This service is free.
Now located at Carers Support Centre. Mon-Fri 10am-5 pm. Parents/carers and young people can self-refer themselves to access this service by contacting [email protected]
- SOS! SEN – www.sossen.org.uk Helpline 020 8538 3731 Workshops, information sheets on website.
Drop-in free monthly surgeries for parents/carers – during school term times – 1st Monday of each month during school term times, 10.15 am – 12.15 pm The Salvation Army, 66 High Street, Thornton Heath, CR7 8LF
- Carers Support Centre – www.carerssupportcentrecroydon.org.uk
Drop in centre based at 24 George Street, Croydon, CR0 1PB, offering advice, information and support to those caring for someone who needs held due to illness, disability or old age.
- Dittas Ltd – www.dittas.org
The OCN (Open College Network) Level 3 Supporting the Dyslexic Learner at Home and School is a course provided in Keston, Bromley, for educational professionals and parents to develop their knowledge and understanding of Dyslexia and their skills to support learners with Dyslexia and related Specific Learning Difficulties.
More information about CDA?
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0333 111 00 66 (evenings and weekends until 9pm)
Registered Charity No. 289947 (A member of the British Dyslexia Association)